(Debunked): Alibaba Running Validator Node!

Just now, SimpleLife said:

Alibaba owns Ant Financial that is acquiring Moneygram also.

Exactly!!! And the timing of this can't be coincidental: http://www.bankingtech.com/943152/barclaycard-pilots-alipay-payments-in-eight-retail-stores-across-uk/

Well it can, but don't think it is. See my last post re Barclays and Ripple or just google Barclays Ripple B2BPay

1 minute ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Exactly!!! And the timing of this can't be coincidental: http://www.bankingtech.com/943152/barclaycard-pilots-alipay-payments-in-eight-retail-stores-across-uk/

Well it can, but don't think it is. See my last post re Barclays and Ripple or just google Barclays Ripple B2BPay

Ant Financial also invested in: PayTM - India, Kakao Pay - South Korea, Ascend Money - Thailand. I think it makes sense that they would run a validator, and I think it's Ripple's best route into China.

1 minute ago, Edono said:

Can someone explain to me why this is good for Ripple?

China promotes using its own products and therefore many western expansions into china have not been hugely successful. Some products that china uses made in china is WeChat, Alibaba, Oppo and the list goes on. The fact that such a large chinese company as Alibaba is interested in Ripple(if this post is true) combined with the fact Ripple is looking for a team in China is a promising first step into a market with such a strong barrier to western products. It's the investors that can "join the dots" before any official announcement is made that are usually the most successful!

17 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

1. AliPay is the largest global player in mobile payments and going global. Think Apple Pay but has 60% of China.

2. XRP bridges cross-border payments.

3. AliPay is working with Barclays, who we know uses Ripple and has been quoted as speaking to regulators about using digital currency - specifically "equivalent to bitcoin, not bitcoin."

4. China clearly thinks there's something to watch out for as they recently announced all online payments in must go through China clearing house. Their concern is the internationalizing their currency via XRP will no longer allow them to artificially devalue their currency.

4. It's Alibaba

5. As someone mentioned, paytm and Moneygram plus more.

6. Ripple hinted at a Payments app that will be big news for XRP in payments.

7. Read 1 through 6

Keep going...I'm almost there!